I began my year in Paris, spent it in Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands, Greece, Italy, the US and a few other places here and there. Through that time traveling and living abroad I really began to learn who I am for once. I discovered that I am not a person driven by money, but love and life. I cannot live this life without adventure and taking opportunities to learn something new. and most importantly, as much as I wish I could do it all alone- I am in dire need of my friends and family's support.
2008 started with me thinking it was going to be the best year of my life and thus far, it has been! I was able to travel and learn more in this one year than I have in my entire life and along the way made and discovered some life long friends.
Bringing in the New Year with Mira in Paris, experiencing my first carneval season, Vegan lunches, Munich with Kristin, Liverpool for my birthday with the parents and Debs, the Euroland tour with Steph and Lauren, watching the sunrise after an all night BBQ, Brugge with Timo, Greece with my lil' C, meeting the convict Canadians, trips to the US, roadtrips with Rachel, Timo and Andreas, my first Thanksgiving with Erin, teaching Himi how to write and more and more that I just cannot even remember at this time- it was more than I could have ever hoped 2008 to be. I have absolutely no clue where 2009 will take me, but what I do know is that I am going to continue to trust my gut- or rather- think with my stomach, and know that is what will lead me down the right path.
Happy New Year!

2 comments:
Hey! I wish you all the best for 2009! Already miss the nights out in aachen with you. Best wishes from my parents too.
Greetings
Dirk "The incredible Alk" H.
I <3 Dirk so much.
yes, this year was amazing. to think i had to go an entire month of it without you!
Post a Comment