Monday, December 22, 2008

recap blogging

Recap blogging is very difficult for me. Sure, most blogs are recapping, but I usually do it that night or a day or two later- now I'm attempting to recap last week (which seems ages ago.)

The last weekend I had in Aachen I took a 3 day weekend. That Friday (also written about here) we roadtripped it one last time. We began our journey through the snowy scenery of Beligum and stopped in Bitburg to visit the Bitburger Brewery and then to Trier. As usual, Andreas played tour guide, we stopped for doner and had some gluhwein.

As we were leaving Trier (I can't believe I just covered a city in 1 sentence) Rachel's dad called and the boys were driving somewhere- but not telling me. Rach and I wanted to go into Luxembourg but were unsure if that was where they were taking us... so we sat in the back silently like good children do.

Tour guide Andreas in fact had a cool plan up his sleeve- to take a ferry boat over to Luxembourg. Unfortuanly, we missed the last ferry by 5 minutes so we drove over the bridge to the wonderous land of cheap coffee, booze, gas and cigarettes. Rachel and I were a bit too excited to be in the new land that seemed much like America to us (the beer was a bit watery) and began acting like school children which lasted until we arrived back in Aachen.

However, before returning home, we had a suprise stop in the Belgium winter wonderland. The moon was full and the night was filled with plenty of light for a small walk in the snowy wilderness.

We arrived back in Aachen in time to meet up with some Couchsurfers and went to a metal rock club- unhappy with the music we left and called it an early day convinced that this day had more than 24 hours in it.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

amazing! aaaand i'm portrayed as a total alcoholic/general spaz. awesome. i actually forgot some of those details, like the full moon and the watery-ness of the beer. you DO have some memory skillz!

Rachel said...

and very Kurt Tucholsky-esque to cover a city with one sentence. if it's not worth your time, don't waste it.

Unknown said...

So... are you planning to blog about your wonderful adventures your first few days back in Birmingham? It's totally blog worthy!