It seems like an eternity ago I was spending my last night in Aachen with most of my close friends- when in fact it was only 11 days ago! That night was such a wonderful night. I last minute invited all friends to meet up and even Rach came from Dusseldorf for a short time. She and I had our first goodbye that Sunday, and it was- well... just awkward and sad. She was leaving a birthday party before me and we began to say goodbye- like see you later goodbye- then we realized that this moment was the last we would see each other in a long time. Not gonna lie- it made me a bit teary eyed and heavyhearted. I was not pleased with this goodbye.
When I saw her unexpectedly that night I was happy beyond words. It was a night with people that have helped me make Aachen my home. These are the people I've cried with, philosophized with, drank too much with and later these are the people who have literally carried me home before, I cursed the German language with and most of them and I've had the most fun moments of my entire life with them! This is a crew of people who I know I could never replace- nor would I want to!
Enjoy the photos- they never allowed me to have an empty hand or glass (I still think they were trying to make me miss my flight), bought me a fire drink- which I was kinda scared of, and even made me fly like an angel... yeah me an angel!

1 comment:
oh, i felt exactly the same way as you when leaving from that birthday party. i couldn't deal with it and just ran the hell out that door! wuss.
That is really a very, very nice post, Amanda.
Post a Comment