Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rollin' in Paris

So I went to Paris to celebrate Halloween this year... ok not really, but I was there during Halloween. I have been to Paris a couple times before and have always thought "egghhh Paris" because it is just so BIG and TOO much to handle in one trip! Now that I realize this and have stopped trying to see an entire city in 2-3 days I can relax and say "ahhh Paris!" It's wonderful! It's still big and overwhelming, but you just have to tell yourself- next time I'll make it there! and bring along Rollers so your feet don't get sore from all the walking and instead - Roll in Paris!

This trip I saw the most amazing and expensive clothing I have EVER seen! We walked around
Galeries Lafayette first. Not only does this place have EVERYTHING you can imagine buying- but it is BEAUTIFUL- and it has beautiful clothing, wall upon wall of stockings and hosiery, shoes galore, makeup beyond comprehension and was already decorated for Christmas!!
We also spent a bit of time walking around art galleries and on what I think has to be the most expensive road in the world. Stores like Gucci, Prada and others that I will never ever shop in (even if I could afford) side by side... window after window of jaw dropping, extraordinarily unique fashion. I believe we walked at least 10km... not able to roll because of rain.... just window shopping and popping into a store here and there.

me in front of the opera
We also visited a food store- I dare not call it a grocery store. This was Whole Foods x10! I could have spent days in this store just gawking at all the delicious foods on display.

My favorite parts of the trip are summed up into 2, not so surprising, categories- Food and Music:

FOOD: We ate and drank like royalty. My favorite desserts was first an assortment of 4 small desserts and an espresso. Served on a rectangular white tray were 3 shot glasses of Cream Brulee, small assortment of fruit with syrup, the most amazing chocolate ice cream I've ever tasted, and an apple crumble in a larger ramekin. Another notable dessert was the Grand Marnie Souffle. I won't continue to try to describe all the foods... but everything I ate was to die for!

MUSIC: One evening we attended a musical in a small theater where we heard Mozart songs. 3 people 1 piano- incredibly talented people- very impressive! However, my favorite was the Sunday brunch with Claude Bolling- a jazz musician. I felt like I was in a different time period- maybe the time I was supposed to be born in! I made a short video-Claude Bolling is the piano player- enjoy!



*You know the song "Walkin' in Memphis"? well that's what I mean by "Rollin' in Paris"... just so ya know!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

woah cool! There better be a facebook album of this trip.

Mandie P said...

Sorry... not many photos at all! I felt weird taking photos for some reason!