So the other weekend trip I took to Paris had a goal with it- eat the best Cassoulet in Paris. It is by far one of my favorite dishes I have eaten since coming to Europe- which says a lot! It is a dish that is a rich, slow-cooked bean stew or casserole originating in the southwest of France, containing meat (typically pork sausages, pork, goose, duck and sometimes mutton), pork skin (couennes) and white haricot beans. (thx for the explanation Wiki!) It is a dish that is hearty and mainly served in the cold winter months. I think it is pretty damn cold here now- but apparently not cold enough for cassoulet yet- we could not find a restaurant that was serving it! *side note- I did try pigeon though! no I am not kidding!
However, this past weekend we had a wonderful "Family Dinner" that was vegan cassoulet. I found the recipe from HERE and was determined to try it out. So Rach and Timo took to the kitchen and created this:
I Got Zits And Thats Cool Now #IGotZits
8 years ago

2 comments:
yummmmmmmmmmmmm
yeah I totally didn't poot at all!
Post a Comment