Wednesday, October 8, 2008

whoopsies

Remember when I said I was going to blog everyday this week? That was a great idea... until I was so busy and sick yesterday that I barley had time to eat, much less blog. Then today I lost power in half of my house (meaning internet, as well as hot water = a wonderful COLD shower... just what I needed to feel better) AND, yes there is an AND, I broke my adaptor to use my computer.

Fret not though... despite the fact that I have no heat and no computer I am at Timo´s and hogging the computer to blog... only bc I have already posted that I would. BUT to be completely honest I have done nothing exciting. However I will bore you with what I have done...

Yesterday was spent at the dr´s office. I was given antibiotics over a week ago which I used 100% according to their instructions- every 8 hours- meaning I had to set an alarm to get up and take these stupid pills that made me feel like SHIT and lose too much weight! So I meet with the dr who confirms "well the antibiotics did nothing, but good news is they haven´t gotten worse." Now I am on some homeopathy meds and gargle hydrogen peroxide 3 times a day. I will go back again on Friday to plead with them to remove these fire balls from my throat. I swear I feel like they will spontaneously combust at any moment and I will be able to spit fire. If this happens I will no doubtly go and join the traveling freak show and come to your town!

They say that full recovery happens around 6 weeks after surgery... I have been sick about that same amount of time... I think I can handle this surgery if that means I will never have this feeling again- BRING IT! (I know I will most definitely regret this when and if it happens!)

So yeah, even though I wanted to have a fun and adventurous week I have not been allowed to do anything fun. I was told to do "no sport" which even includes walking... seriously? I live in Europe I kinda have to walk! Plus the weather has been so intolerable that nobody wants to go outside! Ok enough complaining... but "The Man" has really been getting me down... or is it the tonsils?? BUT who wants to read that!? Next time I promise to only blog if I have something important to say...
me hanging out with Vulcan...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

okay, I love how Germans always DO sport. Isn't that hilarious? And they've been living somewhere SINCE 5 years. so cute!
gargling hydrogen pyroxide sounds, as simon and I would say, "ew ew!" maybe Timo can cut those things out of you for free?

Mandie P said...

I just told him you said that... he says "only with a rusty knife" which then reminded me of Dirty Dancing... causing me to say "ew ew!!"