Exciting news that I find appropriate to share, even though I typically don't share day to day details of my life here. As many of you probably already know, I have had plans to return to school and continue my education for some time now. I am glad to say that I will be doing that in August! and even more excitingly- I will be returning not only to the US, but ALABAMA to do this! I learned on Friday that I was accepted to the Speech-Language Pathology Masters program at Montevallo!
This is very exciting for me for many reasons. For quite some time now I have been indifferent on whether I wanted to come back to the States or continue living in Europe. I came here because it was an opportunity that I could not turn down, and at the time I did not have anything holding me down in Birmingham. I decided to use this time away from everyone to truly discover what it was that I wanted to do in my life, not just do what everyone expected of me or wanted me to do. I also have always wanted to live overseas, so it was also my little experiment to see if I could make a home overseas.
Well, after each visitor leaves I find myself incredibly homesick, but do not allow myself to cut this time short for numerous reasons. The main one being I don't have a job or school bringing me home and this is the best learning experience I have ever had. However, because I do have this extreme homesickness it has shown me that I do not want to live this far away from my family and friends. I have spent 24- yeah 24!- years now developing relationships that I value more than any travel experiences and I want to continue to have those close friends and family in my daily life.
I am excited to come home and even more to see what life holds for me. Even though it will be difficult to leave the life I have now, I know that it is what I need to do. I have 4 more months here and plan to use those 4 months making the best experiences yet. I ask for your thoughts and prayers as I prepare to leave the family- especially Josephine who is already showing anxiety about me leaving which is breaking my heart!
See you guys in August!
This is very exciting for me for many reasons. For quite some time now I have been indifferent on whether I wanted to come back to the States or continue living in Europe. I came here because it was an opportunity that I could not turn down, and at the time I did not have anything holding me down in Birmingham. I decided to use this time away from everyone to truly discover what it was that I wanted to do in my life, not just do what everyone expected of me or wanted me to do. I also have always wanted to live overseas, so it was also my little experiment to see if I could make a home overseas.
Well, after each visitor leaves I find myself incredibly homesick, but do not allow myself to cut this time short for numerous reasons. The main one being I don't have a job or school bringing me home and this is the best learning experience I have ever had. However, because I do have this extreme homesickness it has shown me that I do not want to live this far away from my family and friends. I have spent 24- yeah 24!- years now developing relationships that I value more than any travel experiences and I want to continue to have those close friends and family in my daily life.
I am excited to come home and even more to see what life holds for me. Even though it will be difficult to leave the life I have now, I know that it is what I need to do. I have 4 more months here and plan to use those 4 months making the best experiences yet. I ask for your thoughts and prayers as I prepare to leave the family- especially Josephine who is already showing anxiety about me leaving which is breaking my heart!
See you guys in August!
*Natalie, Josephine and I- because no post is complete without a pic :)

No comments:
Post a Comment