Do you ever have moments that are just so embarrassing and stupid you think that you could be fired from life because them? I am seeming to have them more than average person does. I guess I'll share the latest blonde moment.
Ready for this one? It's a doosey!
So last night I came home- which is about 10 miles from the apartment I work at, my house is
in the back of a friends' house who we know. So I go in hurriedly because my bladder is about to burst, pee, then go on about my exciting night - you know laundry, chatting on the phone, killing bugs.... Well, I go to bed embarrassingly early only to be woken up by someone banging on my downstairs glass door, opening the LOCKED door, shining a mag light up the stairs and screaming "AMANDA are you okay?"
Apparentl
y in my pee hurriedness I messed up the lights on the car and they didn't turn off and they had been on for hours. To add to the situation, my phone was on vibrate and had conveniently fallen into a bag full of blankets making it impossible to hear the 7 vibrating phone calls and 14 texts. Apparently, the mom in the main house - Prya- was scared something was wrong and was afraid to come and check on me because her husband wasn't there. She had also been studying for her upcoming exam, that night's topic was rape kits, not to mention it's a scary dark property. So instead of coming herself, she calls Heather, who comes over with hubby Mike (who usually has to wake up at 5am or earlier to get to work) around midnight. I had been asleep for over 3 hours by this point. So, that's who
was banging on my door and who came in waking me from my deep deep sleep by shining the mag light up the stairs. It took me about 3 minutes until I was able to process there was actually someone in my house and then I couldn't find a light- partly because I didn't want to get out of bed since I was not wearing appropriate PJ's to be seen by a boy. Before I could even get out of bed and go downstairs they were gone, then I discovered the frantic missed phone calls and messages.
Yeah, I feel like a complete blonde idiot. But then there's a whole other part of me who's like- wow I do have some people down here looking out for me. I still feel incredibly stupid though....
please get some laughs in my expense... and enjoy our latest pics from the Boone-tastic appetizer hop, carpet skating and dance party.
No comments:
Post a Comment