Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mexico, FL

Per request:  
I went to Disney World, not land, last week.  Some clarification to those not raised by the mascot of an evil international company Disney World is in Orlando, FL and DisneyLand is in Cali.  I went with my friend Heather, her daughter Carys and some friends.  We spent about 3 hours in the evening at Magic Kingdom- you know where Cinderella lives!  The next day was spent in Epcot- the more grown up part of Disney World- the one with the HUGE golf ball (I still don't know what is inside!!)


In Epcot they have "Tomorrow Land" and then some other area that has different countries.  We stopped and visited Norway, Mexico, Italy, Germany and quickly walked through Morocco, Canada, France, and well I forget the others already!  After visiting all these places Carys now thinks it is called Mexico, Florida... whoops that's kinda our fault for telling her that!  I guess it could be educational, especially since in each country they actually have native people working there.  I tested it in Germany... they were in fact Germans working in Disney (geez they are getting such a horrible representation of the US there!)  However, I did not find it so educational but more depressing and obviously artificial!
The BEST part of the day was the newest ride "Soarin" where you "fly" over natural, and unnatural, wonders in California.  You sit in a seat and are taken about 20ft into the air in front of a huge screen showing scenes flying over famous land marks while the wind blows your hair.  It was so realistic that I even caught myself flinching as we almost "hit" the crashing waves on the beach!
Carys also visited the "Bippity Boppity Bootique" and became a princess and Alyssa Hannah Montana- later they also transformed into a kitty and a butterfly.  Minus all the whining and crying kids- Disney is a wonderful and fun place! 

Even if some think that Disney is just creating a world cult who all will follow to the song of "It's a Small World"... I think it's at least worth a visit, or two.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI... The big golf ball holds one of the worst roller coasters I have ever been on!! It has something to do with rock and roll, but the great thing about it is that it breaks down every 10 feet so you spend most of your time in EPCOT in the ball. Sorry you missed that!! Miss you, come back to me soon!

Rachel said...

amanda, you have truely lived the american dream.