Monday, September 22, 2008

Just call me Bubbles

If you know me at all you most likely know that I am sick nearly 80% of my life. No seriously, I always have some sort of aliment whether it be pneumonia to something as simple as PMS. In my book they are all illnesses and they all deserve at least 1 hour to 1 day of doing nothing except what one feels up to doing.

No, but in all seriousness now, I have had strep throat and/or tonsillitis pretty much the entire month of September. I would like to blame air travel to my illness, but that doesn't work since I am usually sick once a month and only fly maybe 3-5 times a year. I have also had these delightful things called tonsiloliths, also known as tonsil stones, for about a year now. I have gone to the doctor, umm, never for any of them so I know I have no right to complain... but obviously I don't care and will complain!

So now, just today, I have decided that it is time to make an appointment with an ENT to see if I can part with these annoying tonsils of mine. I have spent most of my "sick day" today researching these tonsil stones, tonsillectomies and my other symptoms. After being diagnosed with cancer as usual by WebMD, I read account after account of disgusting, chronic experiences with these tonsil stones. I mean just wikipedia the pictures... yucko!! They have convinced me it's time to act.

Who knows if the ENT will be nice enough to remove these always white poka dotted and inflamed balls in my throat... we will see. If not I will use my next day of "doing what I feel up to doing" in researching a bubble for me to live in. I mean it couldn't be that bad... in fact it looks quite fun to me!I of course would invest in two so someone could race me! No worries!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

awww! I hope it gets better!