Wake up- late as usual- while the German hogs the bathroom I heat up the premade Hash brown Casserole, make him a lunch to carry to work (it's a money saver and well pretty much necessary to guarantee he eats gluten free), and begin to cook tonight's dinner since we don't get home until after 6pm. Sounds hectic doesn't it? It isn't though (well wouldn't be if I'd stop hitting the snooze button!) Breakfast, as you can read, was already made; lunch- well that's just last night left over fish, and dinner is a crock pot miracle in the works! What's this crock pot miracle?
Spaghetti! yes, in a crock pot!
Ingredients:
1/2 lb (ish) thawed ground beef (whatever I had frozen in the freezer she used Turkey)
-1 can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
-1 can Italian Seasoned Tomatoes
-about a Tbs of Italian Seasoning
-a bit of Red Pepper flakes
-1/2 can tomato paste
-about 3/4 cup water
-Some gluten free noodles (cooked in water when I get home- not in the crock pot)
Directions:
Throw EVERYTHING -except the noodles- in your crock pot- yeah even the meat- uncooked! Set on low and go to work. About 8-10 hours it should be ready.
How is it?
I've no clue yet... still at work passing the time! Original idea comes from Stephanie the Crock pot queen; but of course I had to change the recipe to fit my kitchen!
-about a Tbs of Italian Seasoning
-a bit of Red Pepper flakes
-1/2 can tomato paste
-about 3/4 cup water
-Some gluten free noodles (cooked in water when I get home- not in the crock pot)
Directions:
Throw EVERYTHING -except the noodles- in your crock pot- yeah even the meat- uncooked! Set on low and go to work. About 8-10 hours it should be ready.
How is it?
I've no clue yet... still at work passing the time! Original idea comes from Stephanie the Crock pot queen; but of course I had to change the recipe to fit my kitchen!
update: 11/04- 8:30 pm
It was okay. We came home tasted it and immediately added salt and numerous other spices. The meat was cooked thoroughly, but weird, not bad... just weird. Next time we'll make it vegetarian with mushrooms and not add any extra water. That's after we eat all that will be frozen!

1 comment:
I've never tried crock pot spagetti...maybe I should. :)
Post a Comment