Happy late Easter to everyone! I hope that you had a wonderful holiday. In Germany they have a four day weekend for the holiday, so I took advantage of the time off and took a road trip down to Munich with my friend Kristin.
We left Friday morning ready to make an American-style road trip through Germany (all the Germans thought we were crazy to want to drive 6 hours there and found the fact that we packed a cooler of goodies even more bizarre.) We arrived in Munich on Friday evening and went straight to Raquel’s (Mira’s aunt) house, she was so wonderful to let us stay there, despite the fact they are in the process of moving! That night we went down into Marienplatz for a look around the city and to grab a bite to eat. We were both a bit disappointed in our dinner selection, but the weather was dry there so we had a short walk before we returned back to the house.
On Saturday we woke up much earlier than we realized, Munich is apparently on a different time zone! It was nice though, we got into the city in time to have a walk around and window shop, then stopped for a coffee and watched the Glockenspiel do it's little dance. Apparently the Glockenspiel is the most famous in the world, and the biggest tourist attraction in Munich. Personally, I have seen more impressive things, but I did enjoy my cappuccino in the sunshine and hearing the random bits of English conversation walking past me! The weather was perfect, despite the forecast for snow and rain! We took advantage of the sunshine and walked around the city, around the open air market, received free hugs, (March 22nd was Free Hugs Day I had read about previously and wanted to go to Brussels to participate, I was really happy to see them in Munich), and tried brezeln (pretzel.)
I Got Zits And Thats Cool Now #IGotZits
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment