I haven't written in such a long time! I'm sorry! I haven't been up to anything too terribly exciting honestly! Since writing last I feel like have become comfortable with life here. I am able to drive quite confidently (even on the Autobahn), speak somewhat confidently (just the basics), and I have even made a few English speaking friends! I met a girl from Atlanta who lives in Aachen- Kristin.
About a month ago the family and I went up to Brussels for the day. We walked around and I got to see some of the general tourist attractions. I saw the famous statue of the boy peeing. Which was very small actually! The story is that this little boy saved the entire city by peeing a fire out.
For the past couple of weekends I have been spending time with Kristin. Last weekend she introduced me to IKEA and we went to Heerlin in The Netherlands. On Sunday we went to an area in Germany called The Eiffel- which is a beautiful area for hiking about 50 minutes away from here. I really enjoyed getting outside and we were very lucky that the sun was actually out! The trees have started to change color here- but the colors do not compare to the South's Orange and Yellows! (sry no pics!)
Last week I went to the race track with Alain. I have been with him once before to watch a race and was able to see the cars in the pits, but this time I got to ride in the car!!! It was raining so we did not go too fast, but there were still times where I was not able to move my head and I felt my stomach slowly inching it's way up my throat! It was a lot of fun! I can't wait to go back with nicer weather! We are also going to go to the go cart track soon so I can see how my driving skills are!
This past Friday I went to Aachen to watch a Rugby game (I still don't understand that sport!). We went to Pontstrasse afterwards which is where all the students from the University go. There were many parties going on celebrating the start of the new semester, so there were tons of people on the street! Saturday we took it fairly easy. We walked around Aachen and went to Starbucks (which was really strange) and the grocery store to get ingredients to make Mexican food! We ended up cooking it on Sunday and it was sooooo good! I'm glad that I can recreate some cravings here finally! I have actually settled and stayed in this general area lately so there aren't too many new pictures! There is talk of a trip the first week of November to Berlin and always talk of France soon. But the most exciting trip I have planned is to USA on November 20!! :) Let me know what's going on there! Besides football and general news I get from headlines I haven't heard much of anything (and I don't want to hear more about football!!) I hope you are all well! Hope to hear from you soon!

1 comment:
I'm impressed!! I didn't know you had your own little house :) I bet it took you a while to put all this together-which makes me thing of all the time i should have used to study for my GMAT! oops!! but i'm blaming the fact that my friends were in town from Louisville- I'll get one done this week so don't fall behind ;) Miss ya!!
Post a Comment